APL continually invests in the latest technology across all parts of our business to ensure that optimum quality, efficiency and sustainability standards are achieved.
- A new purpose designed and built IANZ-accredited test booth for commercial facades and window systems
- 3D printers to allow rapid ‘design on the go’ - transforming product designs into prototypes for assessment of functionality and look
- An eco-friendly chromate-free pre-treatment system used in our powdercoating process
- A New Zealand first vertical powdercoat cube. This world-leading technology allows for greater capacity, speed and quality of our powdercoated products
- New Zealand’s most technically advanced anodising plant with sophisticated waste management systems
- Robot-fed CNC machines for automated hardware manufacture
- World-leading ‘thermal break’ technology for the manufacture of ThermalHEART windows and doors
- The latest European plastic extrusion machines for ‘dry glazing’ plastic profile manufacture
- A distribution fleet of trucks that are predominantly Euro-5 compliant for exhaust emissions.